Write errors?

General forum for support issues related to the CFFA3000

Write errors?

Postby sweyhrich » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:23 pm

I've been having problems with my hard drive image on the USB stick. I'm trying to copy files over from 3.5 disks, and sometimes it works, but in my last few tries, the hard drive image appears to get ejected (at least that is what GS/OS claims). I've created several other images (using Sweet16), and have the same problem with them all.

When I look at the files directly on the 3.5 disk, they read just fine. I even get I/O errors when i try to copy the files with Prosel.

Anything I should try to do to make this work?
sweyhrich

Re: Write errors?

Postby rich » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Can you flip switch 3 down and repeat the problem, then go into the debug menu (ctrl-D) and save the log file
to either USB or CF. Then put the USB stick in your PC and email it to me at rich@dreher.net.

Also be sure to keep backups as this could be an early warning sign of a failing USB stick.
Have you tried copying that HD image to a different USB stick or a FAT16 formatted CF card just as a test?

Thanks,
-Rich
rich

Postby david__schmidt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:39 pm

This strikes me as symptomatic of troublesome 3.5" disks. Have you tried the physical disk -> image copy utility in the firmware (ref. CFFA3000 manual, p. 15)? Or copying via serial or ethernet using ADTPro?
david__schmidt

Postby sweyhrich » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:36 am

Thanks for the replies. I found out (thankfully) that the problem was only in the meatware in my head.

I went back to try that logging thing, and found, to my surprise, that I did NOT have the latest firmware on the CFFA, as I thought I had updated it to. I put the 3.0.1 update on the CF card, let it update, and now it works properly.

Now if I could only update my internal brain ROMs as easily, or do a bad-block scan of my internal brain RAM... :-)
sweyhrich

Return to CFFA3000 Support