Enough customers have reported problems to get me go and buy a bunch of larger CF cards. In testing these cards I found some serious problems with the SanDisk 128MB and 256MB cards. I have traced the problem back to the changes I made for version 1.3 CPLD logic. While that upgrade improves some timing margins, it detroyed some others. I didn't check this, and all my testing indicated everything was fine. I can see my testing needs to be improved. From what I see, I belive that v1.3 could be causing trouble on many different CF cards and HD's.
Anyway, I have fixed those problems, and the 256MB appears to be working great now. I will be testing it further and sending out a few beta's for further testing.
After I am conviced it is working, I will make that upgrade available.