V1.3 CPLD logic has marginal timing, V1.4 in testing

For people with technical questions about their CFFA Interface card. You can use this forum to communicate with me and with other CFFA users. If you are posting a problem, please be as detailed as possible, including any necessary sequence needed to cause the problem, your system information and any error messages.

Moderator: rich

V1.3 CPLD logic has marginal timing, V1.4 in testing

Postby rich » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Enough customers have reported problems to get me go and buy a bunch of larger CF cards. In testing these cards I found some serious problems with the SanDisk 128MB and 256MB cards. I have traced the problem back to the changes I made for version 1.3 CPLD logic. While that upgrade improves some timing margins, it detroyed some others. I didn't check this, and all my testing indicated everything was fine. I can see my testing needs to be improved. From what I see, I belive that v1.3 could be causing trouble on many different CF cards and HD's.

Anyway, I have fixed those problems, and the 256MB appears to be working great now. I will be testing it further and sending out a few beta's for further testing.

After I am conviced it is working, I will make that upgrade available.
rich

Return to Tech Support Issues