SANDISK Ultra II

Post here if you have found compatibilty issues with a device you have tried with the CFFA Interface card. These can be accounts of both failure and success.

Moderator: rich

SANDISK Ultra II

Postby AppleDrew » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:52 am

Hi,

I have been testing some newer SANDISK cards, specifically the newer ones that should be more durable and more readily available than the older ones. They are also relatively cheap on ebay :-)

I had success with SANDISK Ultra II 2GB, and got 4 x 32MB partitions a 800MB and a 1GB one and GSOS 6 installed fine (This was tested on a 1.3 Firmware Card with 3 wire fix). I decided to buy a 1GB and a 512MB.

The 512MB formatted ok with 4 x 32MB parition but GSOS would not install complaining of some device issue (I suspect i bought a fake card from ebay) and the 1GB seemed to work but got smaller 17MB parititions on a couple of the partitions and the rest 32MB (didnt have the GSOS driver so only saw 4 partitions on Firmware 2.0). I removed the card and put it in a PC and did a full NTFS format to clear all the partitions (quick format for FAT16 only seemed to get rid of the first partition, due to the quick format just remote the FAT table). I then put it in a GS with a RUN 4 card with 1.3 Firmware and inbuilt 3wire fix and saw 4 x 32MB (Used Volume Utilities in Salvation - WINGS) partitions and the rest i formatted as HFS. GSOS 6 installed fine.

I am due a 2GB SANDISK Extreme III next week so am going to test that then.
AppleDrew

Re: SANDISK Ultra II

Postby AppleDrew » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:06 am

SANDISK extreme III 2GB card works fine on a RUN 6 card with version 2.0 firmware and also on firmware 1.3 on a card that has had the 3 wire fix.

Cheers
Drew
AppleDrew

Re: SANDISK Ultra II

Postby rich » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:06 pm

Drew,

Do keep in mind if you get partitions sizes that are not as expected, you are probably running into a bug in the formatting program.
This bug definitely affected Copy II+ and Apple system utilities. It did not affect Davex or GS/OS as far as I know.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11

-Rich
rich

Return to Compatibility Issues