Send me your boards... if you want the 3 wire fix update

For people with technical questions about their CFFA Interface card. You can use this forum to communicate with me and with other CFFA users. If you are posting a problem, please be as detailed as possible, including any necessary sequence needed to cause the problem, your system information and any error messages.

Moderator: rich

Send me your boards... if you want the 3 wire fix update

Postby rich » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:45 pm

Hi All,

Anyone can send me a CFFA board and I will update it to version 1.4 CPLD,
version 1.3 EPROM, and apply the 3 jumper fix. There is no charge and I will ship the boards back at my expense. The only thing I will not do, is replace boards that are lost during shipment to me.

Sometimes I am able to get the boards updated and sent back in a day or two, but other times it could take several weeks. It just depends on what is going on in my life. Lately, I have been busy and updates are getting processed a little bit slow, sorry.

Send your boards to:

Richard Dreher
R&D Automation
5102 Blazing Star St.
Wausau, WI 54401
USA
rich

Re: Send me your boards... if you want the 3 wire fix update

Postby khw » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:42 pm

Hello,
I am a bit confused and hope you can give me the right advice. I bought two boards, with 1.2/1.0 firmware label, made 2006, serial numbers 400720220020304062 and 63. As far as I remember I bought two cards for two different uses ( IIe / IIgs ), but I cannot figure out any more which for what. Or both usable with JP3 on/off? I read about a firmwire update 1.3?1.4?2.x? 3 wire fix? What does it do good? Do I need an update? And if so, how to get it? Pls. apologize my "dummy" questions. I bought the two cards about 2 years ago, I guess, and before I could start using them and set up my Apple II computers after a "big move", many other urgent work had to be done, and now I do not know the details any more. You sent the cards to Karl-Heinz Weiss in Germany, may-be you have records of this order? I would appreciate your reply to khweiss at t-online.de. Thank you and best regards.
Yours Karl-Heinz
khw

Re: Send me your boards... if you want the 3 wire fix update

Postby rich » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:03 am

CFFA customers,

I should probably have been more clear on this original post. The 3 wire fix is for CFFA cards with EPROMs. The EPROM was in a socket.
This applies only to CFFA from runs 1, 2, and 3. You can tell which run the CFFA is from by the first non-zero digit in the serial number on the
sticker on the back of the board.

Runs 4,5,6 are all version 2.0 rev B boards and don't need the 3 wire fix.

-Rich
rich

Return to Tech Support Issues