//c

This forum is for the discussion of the CFFA for Apple II project.

Moderator: rich

Postby balzac » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:32 pm

The CFFA uses 65C02 specific code, so maybe the board could be adapted for use internaly in a //c. I know the later //c's have an internal expansion connector that wasn't really used for much more then RAM expansion boards but maybe the CFFA (maybe just the CompactFlash part, don't know if a HDD would fit) could be designed to take advantage of this connector. That'd make it alot easier then hunting down a SmartPort HDD. Perhaps you could even stick a couple RAM chips on the (proposed) new board for good measure.
balzac

Postby mutant_pie » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:40 pm

I think that a //c compatible CFFA card would be awesome! The 1MEG memory expansion port would be a logical access point, another would be the Smart Port of the revision version model#4100, and the //c+.
mutant_pie

Postby Torgo » Fri May 21, 2004 4:49 pm

Yeah, Rich. You've got my //c. See if you can squeeze a tiny PCB in there. Right next to the Z-RAM Ultra!
Torgo

Postby rich » Sat May 22, 2004 12:46 pm

Chris... dooh!
Get your ass over here, and help me design a //c CFFA!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on 2004-05-22 13:47 ]</font>
rich

Postby iic_fan » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:36 pm

Hello Rich. I have one of your CFFA cards y i'm wating to hear that you have another design for the iic. I don't mind if it is internal or external, perhaps it would be better if it is external to keep the internal disk and memmory expansion card.
Bye.
Jose from Chile.
iic_fan

IIc Project

Postby gsmcporet » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:23 am

Hey Rich,

I think that a IIc CFFA would be right on the money. I believe that it may have to come off of the external drive port as we all know that there just is not enough room on the inside if you have a 1 Meg card installed.

You might consider mounting the card in a small electronics kit box that can be entered to install the Compact Flash Disk as required.

I would definitely want one.

By the way... Happy Holidays to one and all.

Steven :D
gsmcporet

Return to General Discussion