Would I be able to get one in a few months?

This forum is for the discussion of the CFFA for Apple II project.

Moderator: rich

Postby MetalSubstance » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:32 pm

Rich,

Thank you for providing the CFFA to the Apple II community. It is just what many of us who didn't purchase a hard drive back in the day need for mass storage.

Do you still plan on producing these devices in a few months? I'd get one sooner but I have to wait until my financial situation improves.

Thanks,
--Metal Substance
MetalSubstance

Postby rich » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:01 am

Hi,

I am making a batch of 100. Figure several of these will end up being bad, and a couple will be held back for warranty returns. I have orders for 40 as of today. I suspect that there will still be plenty left in a couple months.
I am currently tring to catch up on the backlog of orders. Keep your eye on the order status page to see how many boards are left at any time. https://dreher.net/?s=projects/CFforAppl ... Status.php
rich

Postby MetalSubstance » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:12 am

Ah, thanks!! I'll place my order as soon as I have the means.

--Metal Substance
MetalSubstance

Postby Skip » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:45 pm

[quote="rich"]Hi,

I am making a batch of 100. Figure several of these will end up being bad, and a couple will be held back for warranty returns. I have orders for 40 as of today. I suspect that there will still be plenty left in a couple months.
I am currently tring to catch up on the backlog of orders. Keep your eye on the order status page to see how many boards are left at any time. https://dreher.net/?s=projects/CFforAppl ... Status.php

[/quote]

Rich, I just want to verify that I understand. Is it correct that you are currently waiting until you have 100 orders, then will submit the order for manufacter? When you say that you "suspect that there will still be plenty left in a couple months", does this mean you think it will be at least a couple months before you place the order?

Or am I completely clueless? :D What I am trying to get at, is a ball-bark guesstimate, that if I were to say- place an order today, how long would it be before I had it in my sweaty little palms? (weeks, months, etc)

Thanks,
Skip
Skip

Look again :)

Postby h.katz » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:41 am

I believe that Rich has stated
elsewhere here that he's building
this batch by hand again and
he's not going thru a manufacturer.
Matter of fact, it looks like he's
sending out boards on a fairly
regular basis. (Personally, I
think the CFFA is one of the
best purchases I've ever made for
my //e. :) )

Later.........Howard
h.katz

Postby Skip » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 pm

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Sorry if I was being a bit dense. I just placed my order. :o
Skip

Return to General Discussion