Your Favorite Apple II game of all time?

General Apple II Discussion

Your Favorite Apple II game of all time?

Postby rich » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:20 am

What was your all-time favorite Apple II game?

It is hard to pick just one, but mine were:

1) Robot War
Where is the modern 3D equivalent of this old game. (And programming bots in quake 3 doesn't count.)
This was an awesome game that required programming skill to play. This is one I had to crack to get running
under the CFFA and ProDOS so I could play it again.

2) Castle Wolfenstein
A classic.

-Rich
rich

Re: Your Favorite Apple II game of all time?

Postby gsmcporet » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 am

It's kind of hard to choose just one, but I can give a few of the ones I play most:

1. Elite (Firebird)
2. Panzer Strike (SSI)
3. Star Fleet 1 (The War Begins) (Interstel)

Oh My God! I really am showing my age now! lol

Steven (gsmcporet)
gsmcporet

Postby Ivan X » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:46 am

The games I think I spent the most time on were Lode Runner, Space Eggs, Castle Wolfenstein (and Beyond), Ultima II, and The Wizard and the Princess. (Plus the Infocom and Scott Adams adventures, but those aren't really "Apple II" games.)

One day, I will complete Time Zone, the 12-sided adventure, which I started in 1982, when I was 12. I hacked my own version of it (recently!) to support 12 or 14 drives, so when you play in emulator which can support a Disk ][ card in every slot (such as A2 Oasis for Windows or Virtual ][ for Mac), you don't have to swap image files constantly. It would be interesting to see if I could finagle a way to be able to put all the disk images on the CF card, so you could play on a real Apple ][ without swapping (and without 14 drives).

Actually, I think more than any single game, I had more fun hacking at them.
Ivan X

Postby Char27 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:25 pm

I played many hours of SnakeByte :) It was one of the first two games we bought; the other was blade of blackpoole.

It look me a lot of hours of practice but eventually I finished all 20 levels. I will say it was kind of a let down that after the 20th level, they just start over at level 1. No big finish or cool graphic.

I still play a few min in applewin here and there and am still pretty good at it :)

I didn't play a lot more games on th II and II+ since it was not long until I noticed what I could do with code and started spending tons of time learning to write code.

aside from the arcade stuff, Wasn't until Doom for the PC game out that I really started playing computer games.
Char27

Postby Keatah » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:00 am

This is impossible to answer.
Keatah

Postby BillBoz » Sat May 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Columns ][e
Star Trek First Contact
Rescue Rover
Dangerous Dave (series)
Jungle Hunt
Star Trek: Promethean Prophesy

to name a few....
BillBoz

Return to General