CFFA firmware and logic source?

General forum for non-support issues

Moderator: rich

CFFA firmware and logic source?

Postby a2retro » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi,

Will the firmware and logic source (for the CPLD and AVR) be available as with previous cards?

Thanks

Glenn
a2retro

Re: CFFA firmware and logic source?

Postby rich » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi Glenn,

Not at this time. My general bias is to be open, but the reality is that it is just
too risky at this point in the project. Making 300 boards was a significant expenditure for me
and as unlikely as it would be, for someone to rip off the design and flood the market with
copies, it is not unimaginable.

I will look at this issue again in a couple months when the financial risk is smaller.

On the other hand we did not really lock down the devices or the encrypt the update files either.

Thanks,
-Rich
rich

Re: CFFA firmware and logic source?

Postby a2retro » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:32 am

Hey, Rich I understand. The investment in a project like this is huge not only in time but expense. I know :D
I have appreciated the openness of your products in the past and have certainly learned some things from my
other CFFA cards. Personally I will get more out learning how you did things vs the actual use I will get from my card.

When/if your comfortable with it in the future I will be looking forward to seeing the internal workings of the CFFA3000.

Glenn
a2retro

Return to CFFA3000 General Discussion