Slot 6-Version II-Take 6-Pick 3-ten 4-round 2...

General forum for non-support issues

Moderator: rich

Slot 6-Version II-Take 6-Pick 3-ten 4-round 2...

Postby jeff42150 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:57 pm

So if I understand the written instructions correctly (dear gawd I read them this time), I put the CFFA 3000 in slot 7 but tell it that the real 5.25" drive and the imaginary 5.25" drives are in disk 6. Sooooo, two questions: How does a guy move them from the USB drive over to the CF card to use? Can you launch the old software directly from the USB drive? Does the "disk-image" system make the traditional hard partitions on the CF obsolete? Any CFFA 3000 ideas on what the Colts could do to win a game this season?
jeff42150

Re: Slot 6-Version II-Take 6-Pick 3-ten 4-round 2...

Postby david__schmidt » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:27 pm

jeff42150 wrote:So if I understand the written instructions correctly (dear gawd I read them this time), I put the CFFA 3000 in slot 7 but tell it that the real 5.25" drive and the imaginary 5.25" drives are in disk 6.

Well, no - two things, real or imaginary, can't occupy the same slot at the same time.
jeff42150 wrote:Sooooo, two questions: How does a guy move them from the USB drive over to the CF card to use?

The easiest way to do that is to do it back when the memory devices are connected to a host computer, not the Apple. Then it's just a file copy from one to the other. But I think we've got a disconnect here on what you're really trying to do. Or maybe you're trying to make it more complicated than it really needs to be.
jeff42150 wrote:Can you launch the old software directly from the USB drive?

Yes. With a "whatever.dsk" assigned to virtual disk 1, it'll boot just like it did anywhere else. Or, if it's a larger image, assign ("mount") it as a SmartPort drive.
jeff42150 wrote:Does the "disk-image" system make the traditional hard partitions on the CF obsolete?

Yes.
jeff42150 wrote:Any CFFA 3000 ideas on what the Colts could do to win a game this season?

No.
david__schmidt

Return to CFFA3000 General Discussion