Problems with floppy discs

General forum for non-support issues

Moderator: rich

Problems with floppy discs

Postby incogoyo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi Rich

The CFFA3000 1/29/2016 card I bought is working with some minor problems: sometimes does not recognize that it has put the USB, but hey that's not important.
In the laboratory I have 2 Apple II, 2 Apple IIe and Franklin. In the 30 years I've been working with these computers, I have damaged about 2 floppi disc, which is why we bought a CFFA and if no problems ... other CFFA buy later.
Using the Apple II, I began to copy the image of floppy and everything went well until it was damaged after copying about 5 diskettes ... thought it might be and changed the next day the unit other in good condition and the result was in the same ... another damaged floppy me.
I started working with the IIe, but this time uzando the FID program and then copy a few floppy disks, floppy both units were also damaged.
It is unlikely that in three days I have damaged 4 units of floppy.
That could be happening ?

José Contreras
incogoyo

Re: Problems with floppy discs

Postby incogoyo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:19 pm

I was reviewing the floppy disk and found that the 74LS125 chip, which was damaged. Do not know why but there is that.
I'm just finishing spending programs floppy to USB.
I am very happy because the apples old regained life. For now I'm automating other analyzes.
incogoyo

Return to CFFA3000 General Discussion