Release Candidate 1 is Done!

Release Candidate 1 is Done!

Postby david__schmidt » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:58 am

Rich just sent a note to all the KFest beta testers - the final firmware is ready. It's a quantum leap in accuracy of the Disk II emulation, and there's new capability to capture an image of any disk in the system (discussed in more detail here). Updating the firmware on the card couldn't be simpler. The entire change log and downloads are available on the beta test page here.

It's been a long time coming. Rich and Dave the Firmware Guy have worked long and hard on really exploiting and enriching the capabilities of this card. It must have seemed like there were periods of inactivity on the project - maybe long ones - but you should see the bug and feature lists that have been flying back and forth internally. While the firmware on the original CFFA largely worked behind the scenes, the CFFA3000 firmware is really an application that you use to open up the world of new capabilities of this hardware.
david__schmidt

Re: Release Candidate 1 is Done!

Postby DrTom » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:41 am

Hi David,

Thank you for your comments and your contributions to this project. I see that the cards are being shipped, which is very exciting. I'm eager to get mine, but trying to be patient. Big thanks to all who worked on this project.

DrTom
DrTom

Boards are shipping!

Postby david__schmidt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:17 pm

I assure you, my contribution was minimal compared to Rich and Dave the Firmware Guy. (Who is not me, by the way. Nor am I David Schmenk. I just wanted to get that on the record. ;-)

I got involved back in January because I wanted to speed things along as best I could, mostly through moral support. Hopefully my impact was positive overall, and I didn't derail them too much with stuff I cared strongly about.
david__schmidt

Return to CFFA3000 Beta Tester Feedback