CFFA 3000 - RAW and Images

General forum for support issues related to the CFFA3000

CFFA 3000 - RAW and Images

Postby AppleDrew » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:39 am

Hi,

Just received my CFFA3000 and wanted to firstly say thanks as its extremely well polished and love the flexibility we now have on the IIGS for dealing with modern media :).

I have a CF that i have used on a previous CFFA card and this boots fine in the CFFA3000, but if i also plug in a USB stick with images the system just hangs at the IIGS startup screen and the card doesn't go into the menu at all. Is this meant to happen?
If i use a CF and USB with images on them both work fine and system runs as I would expect. I was just hoping i could continue with my original CF card but also use the USB for images..

Thanks in advance
Drew
AppleDrew

Re: CFFA 3000 - RAW and Images

Postby AppleDrew » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:45 am

Hi,

Have been playing with it a bit more this afternoon and getting a similar issue with CF (Formatted FAT32 with .po images) and USB plugged in at the same time. The system seemed to boot up ok initially and i set the CFFA up to boot images off the CF rather than the USB. The system boots into GS/OS ok and if i warm boot all works as expected. If i then turn of the GS with the switch and then back on the system hangs at the start up screen, in fact it beeps twice at me (it doesn't do this when booting normally of just the CF).. I can get it to work again if i disconnect the USB memory stick and let the system boot up of CF before i then insert the USB Stick.

I have tried SANDISK and Transcend CF cards (2GB and 4GB) and a couple of usb sticks.

Any Ideas?

Drew
AppleDrew

Postby AppleDrew » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:49 pm

After speaking to Rich it was down to my ROM03 board. I tested on a ROM01 and and another ROM03 and all worked as expected. Thanks Rich :)
AppleDrew

Postby dlyons » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Two ideas that might help:

(1) In Other Settings, try making the "USB Settle Delay" longer. I have seen this help with certain USB sticks, but I haven't determined exactly where it's stuck.

(2) If the "Assign First From: USB/CF" is set to "USB", you could try changing it to CF if that's compatible with your arrangement (for example, if all your SmartPort devices come from CF and all the Disk II images come from USB, then it doesn't matter which media's assignments happen first; if there is a mix, then it matters).

Cheers,

--Dave The Firmware Guy
dlyons

Postby AppleDrew » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:07 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting a reply. I will give those a go tonight on the ROM03 with the slight issue and feedback if that made a difference.

Thank you for helping produce such a good piece if kit :)

Drew
AppleDrew

Return to CFFA3000 Support