Can no longer boot from CF

General forum for support issues related to the CFFA3000

Can no longer boot from CF

Postby skipper1947 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:09 am

I have an Apple IIe, 32 meg image in slot 7, with USB stick in slot 6. It has been working great for several months. Yesterday, while doing a routine reboot (nothing changed), I got the error "unable to load prodos".

As near as I can determine, the CF card is fine. I ran error check in Windows, and ran the verify disk routine in Copy II Plus on the Apple. The PRODOS.SYS file is present in the root of the CF (I also copied in a new one just in case). Also, near as I can see the CFFA3000 card is functioning normally. It just refuses to boot off the CF card anymore.

I am currently booting off the USB stick in slot 6, then switching over to the CF card for normal operations.

Does anybody have tip for something I could try to restore boot operations to the CF card?

Thanks,
Skip
skipper1947

Re: Can no longer boot from CF

Postby skipper1947 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:28 am

Still unable to boot from the CF card, though it booted fine prior to my original post, and otherwise seems perfectly fine.

In case it is significant, if I do "PR#7" I get this message "CFFA3000: Not a startup disk (slot 7)". I can boot from the USB drive, then switch to the CF card (slot 7) and proceed normally. I suspect I am overlooking something. :)
skipper1947

Return to CFFA3000 Support