To Karl-Heinz

For people with technical questions about their CFFA Interface card. You can use this forum to communicate with me and with other CFFA users. If you are posting a problem, please be as detailed as possible, including any necessary sequence needed to cause the problem, your system information and any error messages.

Moderator: rich

To Karl-Heinz

Postby rich » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Hello Karl-Heinz,

I responded to your previous email as soon as I read them on (July 22, 2008)
I think we are having a problem between us with email.
Here are the previous emails again...
Let me know if you receive this email

Karl-Heinz,

With the JP3 jumper installed (on) you get the 65C02 firmware v1.2. This is what you would want to run for an Apple IIe enhanced or an Apple IIGS.
With the JP3 jumper removed (off) you get the 6502 firmware v1.0. This is what you would want to run on a Apple II, Apple II+ or Apple IIe.

The the 3 wire fix was for run 1, 2 and 3. Your run 4 board already has that change included.
Any boards from runs 4 or run 5, can be updated with the new version 2.0 firmware. You currently have version 1.2 and version 1.0.
Check out my web site for information about what features version 2.0 firmware has. Please note, I have having internet trouble and it won't be fixed until friday.

Thanks,
Rich

Karl,

Here is a link to the files I send out with every CFFA run 6 order. It has the new flash utility to help you update your CFFA card and the new firmware. The manual has a special section that describes how to go through the procedure. The upgrade procedure is long but another customer has tried it and told me it works. Please download the file and look in the manual for help

https://dreher.net/projects/CFforAppleII ... _CDROM.zip

-Rich

Karl,

Also, in the file you can download, there is a CF card image (16MB) which you can program into a CF card using Ciderpress. This has the flash utility: CFFA.UTIL already on the image. This should make upgrading your cards easier.

-Rich
rich

Re: To Karl-Heinz

Postby khweiss » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:33 am

Hello Richard,
I have registered again, as I did not succeed to do so with my first registration data, I sent two emails and a new order and paid by PayPal. I did not receive any of your mails. Please try again, I have no explanation for what is going on with the mails. I used another mail address now with the "new" regisdtartion. Please reply.
Yours
Karl-Heinz
khweiss

Postby khweiss » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:38 am

sorry, in the first line, it must read: I had to do a new registration because I did not succeed to log in with my first registration data ( or lost the correct one )...
khweiss

Postby rich » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Hi karl,

Sorry we are having so many problems communicating. I did receive your order and will be sending it out on July 28, 2008.
It sounds like you still have a lot of questions, and it would nice if you could just call me on the telephone.
My number is country code 1 and then 715-298-7003. If for some reason you can't call me, send me your number and I will
give you a call back.

While we are on the phone we can also do some email tests.

-Rich
rich

Return to Tech Support Issues