Botched firmware update?

For people with technical questions about their CFFA Interface card. You can use this forum to communicate with me and with other CFFA users. If you are posting a problem, please be as detailed as possible, including any necessary sequence needed to cause the problem, your system information and any error messages.

Moderator: rich

Botched firmware update?

Postby peekb » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:13 am

I think I may have botched my firmware update... :(

I have a Run 5 card and it had the 1.2 firmware. I upgraded the firmware to 2.0 and now the card causes the machine to immediately crash into the monitor on boot, which means I can't boot from my CFFA card, and I don't have a way to get the firmware utils to a floppy drive so I can boot from that and try again.

Any suggestions? Can I perhaps beg someone to snail mail me a floppy disk with the firmware utils and images so I can perhaps boot from that and reflash the card? I'm happy to pay for all expenses incurred and the time required.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks!
peekb

Re: Botched firmware update?

Postby peekb » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:14 am

Woo hoo! With the firmware asm code in hand and remembering my old monitor commands, I was able to trace it down to it trying to boot the aux rom. I was able to put the card in a different slot, flash the aux rom properly, put it back in slot 7 and it works!

Only to find that apparently my CF card is incompatible. :(
peekb

Return to Tech Support Issues