Lexar CF cards

Post here if you have found compatibilty issues with a device you have tried with the CFFA Interface card. These can be accounts of both failure and success.

Moderator: rich

Postby rich » Tue May 28, 2002 5:06 pm

A Lexar brand CF card is being sent to me so that I can look into why it is not compatible with my hardware. I am hoping that it is something minor in the handshaking protocol that is slightly different than the way SanDisk does it. I also have a call into an Engineer at Lexar to see if he can provide me with technical details about the lexar cards.
rich

Postby rich » Wed May 29, 2002 1:46 am

I had a long talk with Engineer Dan Lee at Lexar. He is very willing to help me get to the bottom of the Lexar incompatibility. I will be contacting Dan again when I have more information.
rich

Postby Vyk » Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:20 pm

Just a thought...
One of the advertising points of Lexar cards is their "USB Compatibility," which allows them to be used with a (as I understand) basically dumb Jumpshot cable, rather than the slightly more intelligent CF card readers that can handle any CF card. I'm wondering if some aspect of that compatibility, which seems to me to be similar in concept to True IDE mode (although I admit that my knowledge of CF cards is limited to user-level), might be what's throwing off the CFFA.
Like I said, I don't have any real evidence, but it's a thought.
Vyk

Postby rich » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:11 am

Vyk,

Although there could be something to what you are saying, I think the problem is more at the timing/interface level, between my CFFA card and the Lexar. Unfortunately I have not had time to get back and look at this problem yet. I would still like to get to the bottom if this sooner or later.

I am not familar with the USB features of the Lexar CF cards.
rich

Return to Compatibility Issues