Apple ][ with integer ROMs, language card and ROM expander?

Post here if you have found compatibilty issues with a device you have tried with the CFFA Interface card. These can be accounts of both failure and success.

Moderator: rich

Apple ][ with integer ROMs, language card and ROM expander?

Postby david__schmidt » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:27 pm

I have a run 5 CFFA that I want to put in my shiny new B&H Apple ][. It's a non-plus model with raised power key and everything. There are integer ROMs on the motherboard, and I have a ROM expander with Applesoft that I can switch in. When I plug in my CFFA, jumper it for 6502 and boot up ProDOS 1.9, it complains of a relocation error and locks up.

I have a feeling this has more to do with ProDOS running on the hardware rather than a CFFA-specific issue. But does it sound like it should even be possible to run ProDOS on this setup, much less boot the CFFA?
david__schmidt

Postby vbriel » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:19 pm

prodos 1.9 requires 64K (48K plus 16K ram card). Since you have a ROM card this isn't possible but try prodos 1.0.1 which I think is a 48K version. That should solve your issue.

Vince
vbriel

Postby david__schmidt » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:14 am

[quote="vbriel"]prodos 1.9 requires 64K (48K plus 16K ram card). Since you have a ROM card this isn't possible[/quote]

Is that true, even if I have the language card as well? I'll try the 1.0.1 route once my ][ is back together. Currently, it's apart for motherboard cleaning and a massive chip swap. Got to work on a few key switches, too...
david__schmidt

Return to Compatibility Issues